Re: End Rust

Scott,

On one of my projects a "rust converter" was used.  I forget its name.  It was a water-based phosphate solution that reacted chemically with iron-rust to form a tightly bonded rust inhibitor that stopped the corrosion and could act as a primer for paint.  Painters seem to be familiar with it.  I don't know how long it is effective.

An internet search of rust converters and rust inhibitors produces a lot to look at.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net