Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: End Rust

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Nels and Scott:

I use a product called Ospho, which apparently is probably the same stuff you people are using.  I used it on the bare iron my old 1937 sailboat (wooden).

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil moore and associates

At 02:59 PM 4/2/03 -0800, Nels Roselund, SE wrote:
On one of my projects a "rust converter" was used.  I forget its name.  It was a water-based phosphate solution that reacted chemically with iron-rust to form a tightly bonded rust inhibitor that stopped the corrosion and could act as a primer for paint.  Painters seem to be familiar with it.  I don't know how long it is effective.
An internet search of rust converters and rust inhibitors produces a lot to look at.
Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA