Re: Nail Values for plywood

Ibrahim,

        While you are at it throw in a liberal application of glue.  Each
square inch of glue contact area provides about the same shear transfer as one
nail.  Remember to use the "rolling shear" value for the specific grade of
plywood (something in the order of 50 to 60 p.s.i.) for the contact area
between sawn timber and plywood.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson