To: Seaint
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 2:47 PM
Subject: railing loadings

We have been seeing railing loading requirements that include 100 plf vertical load in addition to 50 plf horizontal load in some of our projects.  Do any of you know where this 100 plf came from?  I think that all of the codes use the 50 plf or 200 pound concentrated load.  Is there some code that also wants 100 plf vertical?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
1584 Weaversville Road