Re: AISC Certification question

Dennis,

Another issue to content with is that UBC Chapter 17 requires that your structural steel fabrication have either special inspection or be done in an approved shop.  It is up to your local building department what they will accept as an "approved shop".  Most, but not all, will generally accept AISC certification as meeting this requirement.  It would be a good idea to talk with the building official first.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Dennis Pradere" <dpradere(--nospam--at)mlaengineering.com>

04/04/2003 09:57 AM
Please respond to seaint