From: Haan Scott M DPW CIVIL ENGR(n) [mailto:scott.haan(--nospam--at)richardson.army.mil]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 3:06 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 2003 IBC - double design unit shear - wood panel both sides steel studs?

Hello:

2000 IBC section 2211.3.1 says capacities cannot be doubled for applying wood panels on both sides of a steel stud shear wall.  It seems someone told me that the 2003 IBC will allow capacities to be doubled for wood panels on both sides of the wall.  I have not purchased the 2003 IBC code yet.  Does anyone have an idea if this is the case.  Thanks.

Respectfully,

Scott Haan, P.E.

DPW Ft Richardson, AK

phone: 907-384-3161