RE: WANTED: Concrete Column Analysis & Design Software

Bill:

I have recently searched for some new software that analyzes and designs reinforced concrete sections based on the latest codes (ACI 318-02, IBC 2000) and I came across the following Web site: www.structools.com. One of their packages is called PvsM which performs a section analysis and gives a 3D capacity curve (interaction diagram) for reinforced and prestressed concrete sections per ACI, IBC, and AASHTO codes (design according to both the later editions of the codes and the newest editions are available). Biaxial bending of columns is included, which you are looking for. It can perform the analysis for rectangular, round, T-shaped, L-shaped, H-shaped, U-shaped, Z-shaped, cruciform, elongated, and polygons with up to 4 openings in each section. I've tried the software and not only is it user-friendly, it is very powerful. The price is also reasonable.

Dave Fanella