handrails

Handrail Design must conform to code specified horizontal and vertical
loads, usually found in Chapter 16 (IBC/SBC/FBC) or the load section of your
particular code. I am not sure who originally asked this, but I have to deal
with this all of the time. Also, I am not sure if it is different or not,
but AASHTO has their own guidelines for pedestrian bridges.

HTH

Andrew D. Kester, EI
Structural Engineer
Bentley Architects & Engineers