Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Connection Over Joist and Joist Girder Seats[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Connection Over Joist and Joist Girder Seats
- From: "Meyer, Jonathan" <jmeyer(--nospam--at)webbersmith.com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 15:18:21 -0400
Title: Connection Over Joist and Joist Girder Seats
I am trying to design a connection for a rooftop platform by stubbing a new column up from the top of an existing column. The problem is that at two locations the top of the column supports the end of a joist and in one case both the joist girder and the joist seat sit on a cap plate above the existing column. I plan to build around the seats using plates to extend the column above the joist and joist girder seats and weld another cap plate to which the new stub column will be welded. A 1/2" clearance between the new cap plate and the joist seat is planned (to avoid adding any load to the joist seats). Has anyone ever done a connection like this? If so, can you see any flaw in my intent? Any useful suggestions? Any insight into how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Jon Meyer, PE
Webber Smith Associates
- Prev by Subject: Re: CONNECTION DESIGN again
- Next by Subject: RE: Connection Over Joist and Joist Girder Seats
- Previous by thread: Re: Comprehensive SE Review Workshops in LA & SF, May-October 2003
- Next by thread: RE: Connection Over Joist and Joist Girder Seats