Ceiling seismic restraint

I have a building designed to the '99 BOCA with Av=0.13 and Aa=0.12; Seismic Hazard Exposure Group II; Seismic Performance Category C.  I need to specify seismic restraint of the ceiling (some lay-in and some gypsum board).  I found some info in a drawing from ATC on the web, but it showed only using wire restraints.  A co-worker says I need to specify struts... basically a small stud vertical and diagonal brace at some spacing, but he can't remember the particulars and can't find a reference.  The reason for the struts is to avoid having the panel fall out due to vertical movement of the ceiling grid system under seismic loading.  Can anyone give me some guidance?

Bruce D. Holcomb, PE
Butler, Rosenbury & Partners
300 S. Jefferson, Suite 505
Springfield, MO 65806-2217