copper as structural material

Are there are any industry standards that provide guidance for the use of
copper as a structural material?  Lacking specific guidance, would it be
appropriate to use AISC formuli?

FWIW, I'm designing a tension element made from a piece of copper
pipe; it has a bolted connection at each flattened end.  I need to know
the basics: allowable tensile stress on gross and net effective areas,
allowable block shear, allowable bearing stress...

Thanks,
Dave Evans, P.E.
TNH, Inc.