Re: '97 UBC vs. 2000 IBC

Bruce:

Have you taken into consideration the soil effects (site class) yet? This can have a major influence on the magnitude of the seismic forces as well as the level of detailing that is required.

Dave Fanella

David A. Fanella, Ph.D., S.E., P.E.
Director of Engineering
S.K. Ghosh Associates, Inc.
1856 Walters Avenue, Suite 200
Northbrook, IL 60062
Ph: 847.291.9864
Fax: 847.291.9865
E-mail: dfanella(--nospam--at)skghoshassociates.com
Web Page: skghoshassociates.com