Re: Earthquake resistant design of reinforced concrete buildings

Eftichia:

As you might expect, there is a wealth of information on this. I'll try to limit my response to those things I'm most familiar with. When I was with PCA, we prepared a number of publications on this topic. I would suggest browsing their web page to see all of the different publications that are available (http://www.portcement.org/bld/buildings_seismic.asp or for a more general search, http://www.portcement.org/info_resources/).

S.K. Ghosh Associates also has a lot of information on this. Our web page is at www.skghoshassocites.com. Click on the publications button at the top to see what is available. If you would like to download some papers that Dr. Ghosh and I have written, go to the bottom and left-hand side of the front page, respectively.

I would be happy to talk to you if you need something specific.

Dave Fanella