Finger-tight bolts vs Snug-tight bolts

At the top of page 5-299 of the ASD Manual (Bolt Commentary) is a reference
to "finger-tight bolts".

1) Is there an AISC definition for "finger-tight"?

2) If we want to allow free movement of a slotted hole connection and
specify the bolts to be "finger-tight" as follows:

UNO all bolts shall be installed "snug-tight". Where slotted connections are
specifically called out in the drawings only, bolts shall be installed
"finger-tight" with the threads spoiled. "Finger-tight" shall be defined as
bringing both washer and nut into full contact with or shear tab faying
surface.

Will this have any effect on the connection strength?

Thanks in advance...

Michael Bryson, PE
Project Engineer
Myers Houghton & Partners Inc.