Piers protection from corrosion

What's the best method for protecting steel piers from corrosion?

The steel piers we have are the foot of a mooring structure in the sea. We planify to apply an epoxy system on the original piers surface and covering them by a steel envelope 'in a cylindar from', but we don't know what's the type of the product the most convenient to put between original steel surface and the steel surface for covering: cement grout or a sika product or...?

Thanks for any response to the problem.

kamal.