Greasing headed anchor rods (is it necessary?)

When you have larger diameter headed anchor rods with
deep embedments (4 feet), is it a good idea to grease
straight shaft to de-bond the anchor rod from the
concrete in order to get the bolt tension down to the
base of the headed anchor where the real tensile load
transfer into the concrete is assumed to occur?

I am asking this for a condition where we have 1.5"
diameter F1554 Grade 105 anchor rods that resist some
pretty big tension forces from lateral loads.  Fatigue
pre-tensioning the bolts.

Is it necessary to grease the bolt shaft or is this
just a waste of time - and grease?!

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone wishes to
share.

Cliff Schwinger