From: struct comp [mailto:seaoc2002(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 2:27 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Embedded Single Cantilever Steel Column

Can someone send me a design example for single cantilever steel column to
be used in lieu of shear panels in a small addition (120 sq ft) to a
residential building that meets UBC 1997, or point me to a reference. I am
concerned about the depth of embedment required, and what load to be used at

the top of the column that is " rational and in accordance with established
principles of mechanics".

TIA

jim k