RE: Detail for an existing retaining wall to future slab connection

lARRY
You need to be careful about changing the location of stresses due to the
fixity of the top of wall if it was designed as a cantilever.  Also note
that the design of a fixity joint requires negative steel to include full
development of the bar,  The existing location of steel  may not however be
at a desired "d " depth unless you have field verified the bar location and
spacing.  Alternatively, you may design a roller like support for the slab
to keep things functioning as they have intended.  I am sure you have
further information that might guide your approach.  Your question does not
give guidence on what else is being considered.
Samir Y. Ghosn, P.E.
Harris & Associates