z shape purlin at roof

Hello all,
Last month we had here in Colorado a huge snow fall. A lot of roofs
collapsed. I am doing an investigation for my own curiosity how the roofs
collapsed. I am doing on my own a study on the z shape purlin. I need to
know the maximum rotation of the z shape can have and according to which
code? Also I need case studies. I will really appriciate if some body who
have those info to e-mail them me or to guide me. Thank you in advance.