From: Andrew D. Kester [mailto:andrew(--nospam--at)baeonline.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 8:39 AM
To: SE Web List (E-mail)
Subject: wood- biaxial bending

For a timber beam in bending, I cannot find an NDS formula specifically for
biaxial bending. However, (NDS C3.9-2, from the Commentary), gives one for
biaxial bending and tension. If there is no tension and that term goes to
zero, then what is left is the standard biaxial bending equation that is
used from AISC, etc.

So can I simply use this for wood:

fbx/Fbx + fby/Fby < 1

Is this correct?