RE: Addition of 1'-9" retaining wall...

Title: Message
Hello Fellow Structural Engineers,

Should I epoxy drill dowel vert dowels to add a 1'-9" high ret.wall on top of a 9'-9" ret. wall. ?
Or should I design the overall ret. wall height of 11'-6" ?
The ret wall is 8" concrete...
The 1'-9" height applies to only 40 linear feet...
The typical ret wall height is 9'-9"
This is for a channel project in Las Vegas, NV
What should I do ?

Also, yesterday, I did not clarify my other question very well---I apologize....
A future 14" thick box culvert slab will bear on top of channel wall...
Any recommendations on how to connect slab to wall....Could I use couplers or epoxy dowels ?
I need to come up with a detail and I am stuck as usual ? Please help

Larry Sanchez, P.E.
Engineer
Voice  702/736-6632
Fax    702/736-0704