SEI/ASCE 7-02 Wind Loads

What effective wind area should be used for concrete masonry unit wall design per figure 6-3 of SEI/ASCE 7-02. Should it be vertical wall reinforcing spacing times wall height which would give a high pressure? For a 15'-0" high wall I am contemplating installing a bond beam at mid-height which should increase the effective wind area and allow designing for a lower pressure. Is it reasonable to assume that the joint reinforcing would make the wall act as a unit such that the effective wind area would be the wall height times its length. Does anyone have any recommendations for effective wind area?

James a. Cory III, P.E.
Cory Structural Engineering, P.C.