Re: Progressive Collapse

Alexander Popoff, Jr. presented a paper on this topic at the 1972 PCI Annual
Convention.  It gives some background to the 5 psi requirement.  The paper
was subsequently published in the PCI Journal Volume 20, No. 2, March-April
1975, pp 44-57.  There was discussion on this article published in the PCI
Journal Volume 22, No. 1, Jan-Feb, 1977, pp 116-121.  I would suggest looking
at these references.

Alan Fisher, PE
Manager, Temporary Structures Group
Cianbro Corporation