Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: 1997 UBC Concrete OMRF in Zone 2A[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: 1997 UBC Concrete OMRF in Zone 2A
- From: THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 07:10:26 -0700
Footnote 8 is correct. See ICBOs website for all the UBC errata.
Thomas Hunt, S.E.
|"Meyer, Jonathan" <jmeyer(--nospam--at)webbersmith.com>
04/17/2003 06:27 AM
To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: 1997 UBC Concrete OMRF in Zone 2A
It has been discovered that different versions of the 1997 UBC have different footnotes for the same item in Table 16-N. One version (seventh printing) references footnote 8 which precludes the use of concrete OMRF in Zones 2A, 2B, 3 & 4 and the other version (CD version 1.2) references footnote 7 which relates to the total height of the building including cantilevered columns. It seems that footnote 8 is the correct one, but does anyone know which is correct?
- Prev by Subject: 1997 UBC Concrete OMRF in Zone 2A
- Next by Subject: 2000 IBC seismic questions
- Previous by thread: 1997 UBC Concrete OMRF in Zone 2A
- Next by thread: [no subject]