Re: questions about 3D modeling software for steel structures

I know that Xsteel and STAAD have joined forces to integrate the entire design concept from 3D object-based modeling to analysis and design to drafting to detailing - all in one environemnt. A friend of mine from Seattle (Mariners :( ) went to a show in Baltimore (an AISC show) where the two companies were showing the first phase of it. He said it was impressive. I think the price will be impressive as well! Probably not for smaller guys like me, but I am sure the 3D based modeling will help.

-Dave

Do you Yahoo!?