Re: Welding plate stiffener

>He said that even it is specified,  the
>fabricators can not do it.
Did you ask him why? I've worked with fabricators who had a tough time
distinguishing between 'inconvenient' and 'impossible.' If you're making
a tee joint you can certainly do it. It'll depend on the process as well.
It's possible to burn through 1/4 in plate and make a mess of it, but
that can be avoided with a little extra care, perhaps several passes and
expense on your part. You'll want to ask yourself whether you actually
need the 1/4 inch weld or whether a smaller weld can meet the
requirements.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw