RE: Concrete Swimming Pool

Gary:

I concur with Mr. Turk's statements regarding gunite thickness and
reinforcing.

These kinds of things are best left to the pool contractor who will take
care of all design issues.

I once worked in an A/E office that was determined to DESIGN THE POOL for a
school project.
They sold themselves to the client based on the "in-house" capability to do
these things and "save
The client $$$ by not getting screwed by the pool contractor for design
services"...

The thing leaked like a sieve.

It was so bad, they had to tear the thing out and have the contractor come
back and build them a new
Gunite pool where the old "formed concrete walls" had been.

Regards,

David L. Fisher, SE, PE
Senior Principal
Fisher+partners