Re: Re:Historical Chinese Tower w/rockin

Kent Hou's post was a base64 encoded message which is decoded into the
following text message.

Roger Turk

Kent Hou wrote:

A paper about the aseismic capability of the Little goose pagoda  was
published on Journal  of Xi'an University of  Architecture & Technology. Here
I enclose the abstract for your reference.

An exploration of the aseismic behavior of Xi'an Xiaoyan Pagoda

Chen Ping_ÇÇZhao Dong_ÇÇYao Qianfeng
(Dept.of Cons.Eng.,Xi_ÇÖan Univ.of Arch.&Tech.,Xi'an 710055)

Abstract_ÇÇIn the light of the structural features of Xiaoyan Pagoda in
Xi'an,this paper has devoted a study on the aseismic mechanism of the ancient
pagoda built of bricks and stones as well as the dynamic properties of the
pagodas based on the modern aseismic theory.Analysis and evaluation on the
aseismic behavior of Xi'an Xiaoyan Pagoda are put forward in its favor.
Key words_ÇÇXiaoyan Pagoda;ancient pagodas; anti-seismic

Kent JJ Hou

MIStructE