To Inc., or not to Inc.

I am starting up my own structural engineering business in East Texas.  I
am trying to decide whether to incorporate or not.  I know I need to talk
to a lawyer and accountant, but I wanted to get some input from some who
have been in my shoes before and learned from experience which is the
best to do.  I know I am personally liable for my design and the
corporate shield would not protect me, but I was thinking of the
nonprofessional liability such as a car accident while traveling on
business or someone getting hurt while visiting my office.  Is it worth
it for these protections?  Also, I know each state has their own laws.
Texas has the LLC option and the PC (Professional Company or Corporation)
option.  Any advantage to either?  I believe the PC limits stockholders
to professionals, which is good because I think owners of an engineering
firm should be professionals.

Greatly appreciate any advice!

Rich

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!