Re: ETABS joist modeling question

Alex,
It sounds like you didn't get one of the specific error messages from
the steel joist design module since those include a brief description of
what the problem is.

Assuming that you have a current maintenance agreement with CSI, I
suggest giving them a call for a couple of reasons. They are very good
about answering questions and they don't mind if the problem is due to
your mistake or with their program. The second reason I wouldn't
hesitate to call them is because I have found that ETABS isn't perfect
(version 8.xx at least) and it is possible that you have run into a
program bug.

Rick Burch
Columbia, SC