From: Charley Hamilton [mailto:chamilto(--nospam--at)uci.edu]
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 9:24 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Modeling of Grade Beam??

Bill -

If you have a copy of Timoshenko's Strength of Materials (Part 2), there
is an excellent description of Hetenyi's method for finite-length beams
on elastic foundations starting around page 15 (in the second edition).
It's a little long to relay in an email, though.  I could forward a scan
to you tomorrow via private email if you're interested and don't have
access to a copy of Timoshenko.

Charley Hamilton