From: Regis King [mailto:steelfishes(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 10:21 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: steelfishes(--nospam--at)hotmail.com
Subject: Welded Headed Studs

Many years ago, the Nelson Stud company published a really nice catalogue
full of tables of Nelson stud values for a variety of different conditions,
edge distances, and spacings.  I recently received their newest catalogue,
and was chagrinned to see that they now only offer one table for shear and
one for tension, both assuming adequate distances to assure full stud
development.  Not as useful.  They also include about 50 pages of
photocopies from the 1999 ICC Public Hearing Results and ACI 318 Appendix D
showing all the various equation in the current code.  Calling them, they
said this is a cost saving move, since all their tables are reproduced in
the IBC anyway.  This isn't really the case, and the IBC mainly leaves you
to solve the equations yourself, and they aren't short.  Is anyone out there
aware of a good, current source of easy to use tables for welded headed
studs in concrete?

Regis