RE: Modeling of Grade Beam??

Bill,

...don't know if anyone else has pointed this out, but Table 6-5 of FEMA
356 gives effective stiffnesses for use in the prescribed linear procedures
for seismic rehab.  For nonprestressed beams, the effective flexural
rigidity is 0.5 Ec Ig, and shear rigidity is 0.4 Ec Aw.  There are other
values for columns, walls, flat slabs, prestressed beams...

Dave Evans, P.E.
TNH, Inc.