Seismic loads in south Florida

I am working on a project located in Miami, FL, obvious hurricane territory with 150 mph design wind speeds.  Understanding that wind loads will control lateral force design, it seems that Chapter 16 of the 2001 Florida Building Code gives no consideration of seismic design.  Can any of you Florida engineers confirm that seismic loads are not considered in Miami?

Additionally, the programming documentation for this facility indicates that a portion of the building is to have a roofing system of Modified bitumen roofing on insulation on 1 1/2" metal deck.  The information that we have been able to find on approved roofing systems to meet the Florida Building Code seems to require that modified bitumen roofing be fully adhered to a concrete substrate.  Can anyone confirm that roofing on a metal deck will not meet the intent of the Florida Building Code?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Warren S. Foy, P.E.
Structural Design Manager
The Mason & Hanger Group Inc.