From: Nick Blackburn [mailto:nblackburn(--nospam--at)fdgoak.com]
Sent: Jueves, 24 de Abril de 2003 07:33 p.m.
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Shrinkage Test

There are many labs that do this.  Most large testing and inspection firms should be able to perform the test.  The test is very sensitive and results need to be looked at closely before accepting them.  The test is meant to be used in a laboratory environment so field use needs to be very carefully controlled or the results can easily be outside your acceptable range.

If you are using this to qualify a particular concrete for use be sure to require enough tests that you can statiscally analyze the results, one or two sets will not give you a big enough sample.

A lab made trial batch will probably run on the order of ~$1000/set but a field batch can be as low as $250/set (cost difference because of who/where concrete is made)

In the San Francisco Bay Area, Consolidated Engineering does a good job as do several of the other firms.

Where is the project located and what are your goals for the results?

Nick Blackburn