Re: FL loads

Seismic load is not zero but for most structures, lateral forces from wind will govern the design. For structures supporting heavy equipment, seismic load may become important.

Rajendran

"Andrew D. Kester" <andrew(--nospam--at)baeonline.com> wrote:
Florida has no seismic loads, snow loads, or state income taxes. These are
the rewards for sweating for 8 months a year.

About the built up roof, I know there are restrictions but not exactly sure
what they are. We discourage those with our clients as they create
projectiles during hurricanes, as can be imagined.

Andrew D. Kester, EI
Structural Engineer
Bentley Architects & Engineers
665 W. Warren Ave.