Re: Questions are too long

Title: Message
Let me state this briefly . . . .

Yes, you are wrong.  As one who has monitored this list for quite a few years I can say it is of GREAT benefit.  If you don't want to read all the verbiage then delete the message.  Please don't take it personally.  I'm not scolding you, just giving you some advice from my years of reading.  As an example, I rarely read completely one of Dennis Wish's posts.  Nothing personal, it's usually just too long, but I do skim it to find the relevant information.  He has a lot of good things to say and share.  I would not ask him to shorten his messages.  The same way with magazine articles.  I rarely read the entire article but skim it to find what I need.  I have to allocate my time to read only the ones I feel would help me in my current work.  If you are trying to read every message then you are trying to cover too much.  I suggest you focus on a few areas and delete the other messages.  To force people to be brief is to cutoff some comments that might be very valuable to the person asking and solving the problem.  I would hate to shutoff some of the valuable insight that comes from this list.

Rich