From: j.grill(--nospam--at)attbi.com [mailto:j.grill(--nospam--at)attbi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 10:12 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Out of plane wall anchorage

list members,

UBC section 1633.2.8.1(4) requires a 1.4 times factor for the design of
the
steel elements of wall anchorage.  If the wall anchorage system contains

anchor bolts loaded in shear are the anchor bolts required to resist
this
increase.  for instance a 3/4" anchor bolt in masonry (asd)is I think
1780#.
Would this increase in forces effectively reduce the capacity by 1.4 or
leaving 1270# x 1.33 per anchor if all spacing and anchorage
requirements are
met.

Thanks,
Joseph R. Grill, PE