Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
AISC hole edge distance[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: AISC hole edge distance
- From: Rmhansonsece(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:22:27 EDT
I would like to find out what limits the edge distance on holes in steel called by AISC section J.3.9. I have a miss fabricated field condition where a 15/16" dia hole with a 3/4" dia bolt has been placed in the leg of a L 3 x 3 x 1/4 angle that is only 2" long. Loads are in the 2" direction and are shear only. ASD level stress checks for bearing and shear in angle are at less than 50%. Agency approval reads AISC J.3.9 requirement pretty literal. Need more ammo.
Robert Mantor Hanson, SE
- Prev by Subject: Re: AISC Certification question
- Next by Subject: Re: AISC hole edge distance
- Previous by thread: RE: What happened to the "C" dimension on bolts/nuts?
- Next by thread: Re: AISC hole edge distance