Re: Structure Magazine

Gary

I received this notice recently. I don't know what Structure costs for a
Canadian subscription. It is a decent general interest magazine but I
skim it in about an hour and file it. Articles from an old copy inlcude:
What Architects REALLY Want; Developments in EDI for design/fabricating;
Staggered Truss Steel Frames; Loss Prevention - Contract Documents.

> Several years ago, SEI entered into an agreement with the publisher of
> STRUCTURE magazine to have STRUCTURE provided to all members of SEI.
> Unfortunately due to the ever-increasing costs of postage and printing,
> combined with the downturn in advertising, the publisher made a decision
> last year that they would no longer provide copies to the International
> members of SEI.
>
> Since that time, SEI has worked with the IT department of ASCE to have
> STRUCTURE magazine posted on the SEI website. While this took a bit longer
> than expected, we are pleased to announce that STRUCTURE is now available
> to all our International members through the SEI website at
> www.seinstitute.org. To access the current issue of the magazine, as well
> as back issues, simply go to www.seinstitute.org and click on the words
> "Structure magazine.? Be certain to have your membership number handy as
> you will need it and your last name in order to login to the system.
>
> As each new issue of STRUCTURE is posted, SEI will send you an e-mail to
> alert you to its availability. We hope you continue to enjoy and benefit
> from receiving STRUCTURE.
>
> Regards,
>
> John Tawresey
> SEI President

Sorry I couldn't stop to chat longer after the seminar. I had enough
time to make a quick detour to a site for a general review inspection
and salvage a few billable minutes and miles for the day.

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International