From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 12:41 PM
To: ?
Subject: Re: MATRIX ANALYSIS

>I am checking a matrix analysis program for a structure. I don't feel
>confident that the forces I am getting for member design are right.
Check three things--
Force equilibrium overall
Member force equilibrium
For a few selected joints, check the force balance on the node points.
Also check a few of the members for proper displacements.

The reason you don't want to check it against another program is that you
can never be sure which one's right. If the program accords with first
principles of elasticity and the equations of motion, you know it's right.

Christopher Wright P.E.    |"They couldn't hit an elephant at
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com        | this distance"   (last words of Gen.
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org

---