Re: curved steel beams

Andrew,
I would not try to curve an HSS by heating--too much chance of distortion.  There are several fabricators with rollling machines which will provide you
with the curved tubes.  Remember about local buckling-- a large tube with thin walls will end up looking like potato chip whereas a small tube with thick
walls will retain most of its shape.  Most of these fabricators can give you a feel for what degree of distortion to expect.
Gary Hodgson