RE: Welding question (for steel that's to be galvanized)

Ref: "The Design of Products to be Hot Dip Galvanized After Fabrication" as
published by the American Galvanizers Association
(http://www.galvanizeit.org/)

"When overlapping or contacting surfaces cannot be avoided, all edges should
be completely sealed by welding."

William C. Sherman, PE
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311