Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Solid Grout Existing CMU Wall

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

A procedure similar to that used for crack repair by injecting grout into a
URM wall could be used for the CMU cell-filling that need to do.  Inject
into each cell at the bottom, with a verification port at the top of the
void to show you when the void is filled.  Use an admixture such as Sika
Grout Aid or Premix Grout Additive by EZ-Mix to give the grout slight
expansive quality to assure you don't end up with a lot of grout columns
that will rattle around inside the wall.

Either a pressure pot, or a grout pump may be used.  Since you may never
need to do this again and grout pumps are expensive, you may prefer to buy a
pressure pot from Sears or Home Depot -- then all you need is a compressor.

Let me know if you would like to contact a So. CA contractor who has done
this -- I'll tell you how to get in touch.


Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********