Re: Structuralist.Net finally up - well almost!

Hi, Dennis,

I'm glad to read that you are going to write some more in your wonderful Home Alone series.  As you know, I and my wife Linda were big fans of that column because it began to appear at about the same time as I started my One-man SE office in our home in 1991.  I think you must have started your home office in your Desert community just a little before I started mine in the middle of the L.A. urban sprawl.  Your humorous accounts of your experiences put into words our frustrations, surprises and apprehensions as we figured out how to find my niche, deal with clients, juggle everyday household matters, and make a go of structural engineering at home during the recession.  Just a few days ago, Linda was remembering to me your encounter with the tarantula.  Funny as it was, it made us satisfied to be in the city, not having to deal with wild life crawling through our home-office.

Nels

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA