Re: Concrete Nails

Daryl,
I don't really see much of a problem here, except that
the bottom of the post was seated on the footing
projection outside the wall and the concrete floor was
poured around it.  It appears to be a moisture trap at
the bottom.  The way I read the code(between the
lines), this is not permitted.  I don't see what the
1/2" x6" x 48" plate is doing.  The post is strong
enough so that the nails are cutting down its
unsupported length and holding it in place.  The
trouble with concrete nails is getting them installed
properly.  Perhaps, the sin here is not the design, but
as, in love, the performance.
Anyway I agree with Max Jasper.  The all-encompassing
provincial associations are an anachronism--why not
national or regional structural ( or other)
associations.

Gary