Re: Wood Supporting Steel

Well seth, you just got a new code provision in without much lobbying for
it.  No you do not need a steel post to support gravity load only and since
this in not a part of Lateral system.  Just include two welded taps each
side of the column for positive connection and call it a day.
'Samir Y. Ghosn, P.E
Harris & Associates