Re: Wood Supporting Steel

Samir/Antonio:

OK, fine!  :)  I guess I'll just have to let the Architect know he can do it.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Seth

At 02:10 PM 5/5/2003, you wrote:
Well seth, you just got a new code provision in without much lobbying for
it.  No you do not need a steel post to support gravity load only and since
this in not a part of Lateral system.  Just include two welded taps each
side of the column for positive connection and call it a day.
'Samir Y. Ghosn, P.E
Harris & Associates