From: Johnny Drozdek [mailto:jdrozdek(--nospam--at)keymark.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 12:05 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: NDA Question

I have a question regarding non-disclosure agreements.  Do consulting
engineering firms typically ask their employees to sign non-disclosure
agreements?  If so, what are the primary stipulations in such an
agreement.  I understand that in general, spreadsheets, programs, and
other tools developed by the employee (a) on company time and/or (b)
with company resources such as computers, etc. are the property of the
company.

However, over time the employee learns & develops certain styles and
preferences, such as how to detail certain connections or how to design
certain aspects of the structure.  This type of "know-how" doesn't seem
to be so black-and-white.  I am interested in the opinions of people on
this list regarding this topic.

Are there any other "normal" restrictions that an employer typically
imposes upon their engineering employees?

Thanks in advance,
Johnny Drozdek, P.E.