ASCE 7 Wind

Jim,

I consider all buildings as partially enclosed unless:

1. They are constructed like bunkers without windows and with vault-like
doors and other doors and windows will never be installed, or,

2. They have no walls on any side and never will, nor will they have storage,
fences, vehicles, trains, etc., in or adjacent to the building.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Jim Kestner wrote:

. > When evaluating the total openings in a building wall to see if the
. > building is partially enclosed....

. > Do you look at the entire building elevation (even though there are
. > numerous offsets in that wall)?

. > or

. > Do you look only at a straight portion of the wall (from corner to
. > corner)?

. > How small do the offsets become before you should look at the entire
. > elevation as one wall?

. > Any guidance in this regard would be appreciated.

. > JIm K.